Observant readers may have noticed that the top left hand corner of our blog now has a little number. That number is a guest counter. I don't know where the guests are coming from, who they are, just how many people have viewed the blog since I installed the counter (last weekend).
I also recently noticed that blogspot has a new "stats" tab when I'm editing the blog. This tab could become obsession worthy if I'm not careful. The tab tells you how your blog is being accessed (google searches, other linked blogs, facebook, etc), where it is being accessed from (US wins, but there are other interesting places like Belgium, China, and the UAE). I admit, at first it freaked me out to realize how public a public blog really is. Then I found the humor. For example, my post about how great Reggie is in honor of his bday was entitled- "sharks have a week dedicated to him," as a reference to my favorite commercial:
Well, that is the page that has been viewed most frequently, likely from people trying to find that video clip! The "things I like about Pgh #1" page has been viewed 2nd most frequently- woohoo to da 'Burgh!
Ive also learned that we are mostly viewed on Windows OS (60%), but Macs follow close behind at 30% (ok, not close, but substantial!)
Has anyone heard of the web browser, Opera? Cause 2% of our views come from there.
I am trying to take the blog down from appearing in public internet searches for certain privacy reasons, but so far, I dont think I've been successful. In the meantime, I will continue to be entertained by people in Bhutan who have read about my garden (4 page views!)
No comments:
Post a Comment